If you’re looking for a kitchen sink that stands up to almost anything and keeps its good looks years into the future, you can’t beat a stainless steel kitchen sink. Not only are they one of the most cost-effective options available, they also come in a variety of configurations and styles perfect for any kitchen design.
Love the look of a farmhouse sink but would really rather have a stainless steel model to better match your modern vibe? We can suggest a sink for just that. Are you more of a traditionalist and prefer the look of a drop-on with sloping corners or do you like an under-mount that fits cleanly under counter edges? Whatever your style or taste, there is a stainless steel sink out there for you.
Here are the top five reasons you should invest a stainless steel kitchen sink:
1. Cost – You will get more for your money with a stainless steel sink. With prices starting at about $300 for a solid sink with noise reduction pads that can handle the weight and vibration of a garbage disposal, stainless steel is a solid choice for economics alone. The lower the gauge, the thicker the steel and, sometimes, the higher the price. To get the most out of your sink- without breaking the bank – we recommend sticking with an 18-gauge sink. Brand names like Elkay, Blanco and Franke to name just a few.
2. Versatility – Stainless steel kitchen sinks come in just as many shapes, sizes and bowl configurations as any other material. The only real difference is the lack of color choice, but when you’re looking for something that never goes out of style and matches anything, you can’t go wrong with stainless steel. And we can custom design any size sink needed for your new kitchen!
3. Easy maintenance – Keeping a stainless steel sink looking great doesn’t require much more than regular cleaning with mild soap (like your dish soap) and a once-in-a-while scrubbing with Bon Ami and a very wet Terry cloth towel. This method gives a thorough yet gentle cleaning and polishing. Wipe off with a soft, clean towel and enjoy the shine.
4. It can take the heat – Hot pots and pans can be placed directly into a stainless steel kitchen sink without damaging either the sink or the pots. And if you drop even your fancy china into a stainless steel sink, your dishes are much less likely to get damaged because stainless is more flexible and forgiving than stone or cast iron or ceramic.
5. Stainless is the new black – With so many homeowners opting for stainless appliances, the addition of a stainless steel kitchen sink creates a more cohesive aesthetic. More, even with black and/or white appliances and cabinets in either wood or painted, a stainless steel sink is a perfect complement.